Well, dear readers this is THE moment you have ALL been waiting for! TWN’s surprise celebrating over 100 followers and almost a full year of blogging. (Note: Our one year blogiversary doesn’t *technically* happen until July 31st, but since what we’re doing is REALLY huge, we thought it’d be best to lump it all into one.) BUT BEFORE YOU CONTINUE READING THIS POST PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO FIRST!!!! (Video credit: made by Issabelle.)
Hehehe, you’re probably wondering what that video above means. Weeelllll . . . that’s our exciting SURPRISE!!!!!!! *crickets chirping* “And what is it?” you ask.
The surprise is . . .
drum roll, please . . .
TEEN WRITERS’ NOOK IS HOSTING OUR FIRST EVER WRITING(ISH) CONTEST(ISH)!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty cool, amiright?! Basically, we’re putting together a collection of short stories and poems (that will actually be published, EEEKKKK) and we want to feature YOUR writing!! So below we have a list of guidelines and how this is gonna work, but basically after you’ve written your fantabulous story/poem, you’ll submit it to us. And then we’ll review all the work and, depending on the number of submissions we get, we’ll choose the best. The ones picked will go through about three rounds of edits: developmental edits, line edits, copy edits. (Well you get the picture.😉) All the short stories and poems will be compiled into a purchasable book.
This collection/anthology (eh, whatever you wanna call it) contest is our way of showing our gratitude and appreciation for our readers!!!!!! (We love you guys and cannot thank you enough for all your support!!!!!! Y’all are the BEST!!!!!!!)
This collection/anthology will be titled, Imagine: A Collection of Short Stories and Poems by the TWN Family.
~Amazon e-gift card. (Well, this just depends on if we’re able to do it. 😉 )
~A publication opportunity
~Fame in the Teen Writers’ Nook community.
Here are the guidelines for your writing entry:
- This contest is for TWN’s followers/readers/commenters (‘cause some of you might read and comment but not actually follow us).
- Your entry can be a short story, poem, or narrative nonfiction. And if you want your story/poem/nonfiction piece to have Christian themes and elements, that is perfectly acceptable. 🙂 We want to include stories that showcase the different writing styles of each of our readers. Basically, just write what you want to write.
- Your entry can NOT be previously published. This also means that your entry can not be something that was posted on your blog or any social media form (this counts as previously published).
- Word maximum: 5,000 words
- Your entry MUST be clean. What we mean by this is that your story can not have any foul language/cuss words and also cannot take God’s name in vain even in the form of acronyms. However, you may say if a character “cursed.” It’s just that actually stating the word or even the first part of it will remove you from our consideration list. Your story may have romance (kisses, hand-holding, etc.) but any immoral content even if it is only implied will remove your story from our consideration list. Your story also cannot be overly gory/graphic, but mild violence is allowed. If you have any concerns or questions over what is and is not allowed, please feel free to contact us. ANY STORY THAT DOES NOT ADHERE TO THESE CONTENT GUIDELINES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND REMOVED FROM OUR CONSIDERATION LIST.
- Your story’s main characters MUST be between ages 12-19.
- When your story is complete and ready to submit, fill out this Google form and attach it as a document in the space provided. Note: if you are having trouble sending your manuscript through the form, please contact us.
- Please write your story in American style so everything can be uniformed (e.g., “favorite” instead of “favourite”).
- Your story must be typed in Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point font, double spaced.
- You must have your story submitted before June 30th at midnight EST, anything submitted after this will be deleted without reading.
- Your story will be judged blindly, so you cannot have your name anywhere on the document, including in the document’s title name. Instead, on the next page at the end of your story, please include a short author bio in third person, where you can state your name.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to TWN at any time. If you follow these rules, then everything should go well and smoothly! 🙂 Also, have FUN writing!!!! We want you to be excited and to enjoy this contest!
Again, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH to all of y’all for every bit of support you have given us along the way, no matter how small. It means more to us than words can ever express, and we hope you’ll enjoy this special opportunity. THANK YOU INFINITY TIMES OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sends lotsa chocolate*